Coaching & Mentoring
Managers play an important role in their team’s motivation and drive to perform well. Similar to a coach on a sports team, managers have to be supportive, encouraging and positive while giving clear and concise guidance to their players.
This course will teach managers how to become a coach and mentor. Participants will learn how to hold dynamic and collaborative coaching sessions for the development of their staff. By the end of this two-day course, participants will be able to distinguish which of their staff needs mentorship to excel, the difference between leading and demanding, and how to give their staff constructive criticism.
- Introduce coaching and mentoring-based leadership for the improvement of workforce potential
- Make participants understand the purpose of coaching and its effectiveness
- Transform participants into coaches by sharing methods for implementation and by role-playing.
- Coaching & Mentoring Approaches in Leadership and the role of organisations
- Coaching & Mentoring Functions
- Coaching and Implementation
- Profile of a Coach
- Coaching exercises
- Implementing Mentoring
- Mentors and Supervisors
- Conclusion Coaching and Mentoring