You are here: Home > Course
TNB as a supply utility company need to guard and managed against major interruption of supply to customers due to internal causes such as faults .Due to lack or improper maintenances equipments tend to failed prematurely especially aggravated with high loading, aging, frequent operation etc.These failures sometime occurred with catastrophic results, causing long outage to customers and also high financial losses. As part of TNB’s continuous improvement process, these failures need to be thoroughly investigated in order to get to the root cause as to ensure that such an occurrence to be minimized. These course will highlight the methodology of “forensic “ and systematic investigation to be carried by the various subject matter expertise groups in finding the root cause or most probable causes of such failures .This course will be conducted at class room as well as at failure analysis lab where the damage characteristics and failure modes will be shown and assessment demonstrated in-situ.
At the end of the course, trainees will be able to:
· Determine primary failures during preliminary assessment at site.
· Document the physical evidence by producing good photographs
· Preserve the physical evidence / damaged parts without destroying important hints during power restoration work / station refurbishment work. Collect useful information / data from various parties and submit to TNBR for further laboratory examination.
· Recognize common failure mechanisms such as arcing, ohmic heating, tracking, insulation failure, mechanical sluggishness etc.
· Put up more strategic operation / maintenance plan.
Target Participant: distribution o&m, & condition based monitoring
Language: English, Malay
This course is designed to explain the basic fundamentals and important aspects of Factories and Machinery Act 1967 (FMA 1967). Participants will be guided in reviewing all the parts under FMA 1967 and some important regulations under this Act.
The training format is theoretical, where the participants will be actively involved in the class & discussion activities. Hence, it will increase their confidence level in utilizing this FMA 1967.
Participant will be taken through the vast experience of this act by the trainers. The emphasis is on participants continuing participation in ensuring the ultimate success of the course.
After attending this course, participants will be able:
The course is designed to occupied participants with the knowledge of: