You are here: Home > Course
This course introduces the building blocks for power systems. Electric power has become increasingly important as a way of transmitting and transforming energy in all industries. The course presents the power systems fundamentals in light of regulatory changes and penetration of new technology such as power electronics and renewable energy.
The main take-away from this course resides in clearly define building blocks of the power system from its fundamentals to all aspects of power system operation.
*Price exluding GST
The participants will gain a better understanding of the design, operation and economics of the power system. The course presents a solid summary of the technical issues in the operation of the power system.
Full course brochure click here
Methodology: presentation, discussion
Duration: 2 days
In this training program, participants will be exposed on principles of protection in power system, the operation of OCEF, CT/VT, transformer protection, communication system, SAS and RTU. Hands On also will be given on secondary injection test for the OCEF relay, pilot wire Solkor RF and current transformer.
After attending this course the participants shall be able to:
1. Explain the importance of protection in power system
2. Describe the principles of protection system
3. Explain the principle of Instrument Transformer (CT/VT)
4. Explain the principle of Overcurrent & Earth Fault relay (OCEF)
5. Explain the principle of pilot wire & transformer protection
6. Explain the principle of communication, substation automation system (SAS) and remote terminal unit
7. Handling secondary injection test
for any enquiries please contact:
1. NAME: AZIZUDDIN ZAKARIA
2. NAME: ZALINA SAMSUDIN
This course covers mainly on the common issues in various type of power quality:
· Voltage Sag & Swell
· Harmonic Distortion
· Transient, Notches & Flickers
Most of the class activities involve application using computer software and demonstration
At the end of the course, trainees will be able to:
· Explain basic definition of power quality correctly.
· Identify common types of power quality event without errors.
Apply the fundamental knowledge to initiate action plans to solve customers’ complaints related to power quality
Target Participant: All (Distribution technical staff)
Language: English, Malay