You are here: Home > Course
This two-day course will briefly review landslide processes (principally within bedrock) and focus on empirical and numerical analytical methods to evaluate and predict landslide failure behaviour. Basic engineering theory will be covered during the course although the focus will be on the practical applied aspects of rock slope design and remediation. The course also will introduce participants to soil mechanics and geotechnical engineering including geotechnical laboratory.
This course will provide practicing engineers a good insight into the importance of Slope Stability Theory, Strengthening and Repair Works. Participants will also learn to interpret site investigation data reports to ensure safety of geotechnical works and surrounding structures.
This course is mandatory for those who are in TT05 -TNB Transmission. This course is pre-requisite in order to upgrade their level of promotion.
In this training program, participants will be exposed on principles of protection in power system, secondary equipment such as communication system, RTU, SCADA and SCS/SAS. The operation of Overcurrent & earth fault relay, construction and operation of CT/VT, SAS and DC system will also be covered.
After attending this course the participants shall be able to:
1. Explain the importance of protection in power system
2. Explain the principle and construction of Instrument Transformer (CT/VT)
3. Explain the principle of Overcurrent & Earth Fault relay (OCEF)
4. Explain the principle of DC supply & its component
5. Explain the principle of substation automation system (SAS)
6. Describe the principle of communication in TNB Transmission system
for any enquiries please contact:
The course is designed to introduce participant about primary and secondary equipment related to SCADA system in TNB Transmission. This course covers the history and overview of SCADA System in TNB.
The training format is theoretical, where the participants will be actively involved in the class activities. Participants will be exposed to the use of test equipment for troubleshooting. Hence, it will increase their confidence level.
Selepas mengikuti kursus, peserta-peserta akan dapat mengetahui penggunaan:
• Multimeter untuk menentukan / menguji point analog, digital & control
• Processmeter untuk membuat simulasi analog point injection
• Program RTV Foxboro C50 untuk melihat raw value analog input
• Program TMTU untuk menghantar control command
untuk maklumat lanjut sila hubungi: